SRI LANKA HOLIDAYS WITH LEISURE TOURS
Sri Lanka Train Journey
It is important that we give priority to our own holiday customers who expect and deserve high levels of service. We regret that we must therefore request a minimum spend of US$ 300 on travel and accommodation to seek to book train tickets on a customer’s behalf. We are sure you will find our prices competitive and our standards high. Traveling on the train is at your own risk. We cannot take responsibility in case of an emergency but you could get in touch with our Operations Team who will assist in any way possible.
Booking Train Tickets
To arrange pre-booking, we have to pay a supplement to a third party. Our train ticket prices are therefore set above the basic ticket price and are as follows:
- price per journey: US$ 20 per passenger.
- Admin Fee: US$ 10 per train booking/per group.
- Delivery Charge (within your hotel in Colombo only): US$ 10 per delivery.
- We can only book first class (observation -class) train tickets in advance.
- We require full payment in advance and we try to book the tickets at the earliest opportunity i.e. 15 days before travel.
- Government officials have priority, which can mean that tickets are sold strictly subject to availability even after they have been confirmed.
Train tickets are non-refundable once successfully purchased.
Colombo – Kandy – Nuwara Eliya – Badulla
This scenic train ride is the way to reach Kandy, 121 Km by rail from Colombo, or the hill station at Nuwara Eliya. The ride onwards to Badulla, into the hill country, is also wonderful, and probably the best train ride in Sri Lanka.